SportsNewsSite

Everton ‘listed’ by Farhad Moshiri at £500m valuation amid fierce criticism from fans

Everton ‘listed’ by Farhad Moshiri at £500m valuation amid fierce criticism from fans


Farhad Moshiri is set to sell Premier League club Everton for “more than £500m”, according to a report.

There’s a lot going on at Goodison Park right now…

After Saturday’s 2-0 defeat at relegation rivals West Ham United, manager Frank Lampard has been relieved of his duties.

Former Leeds United manager Marcelo Bielsa is reportedly the Toffees’ main target, although the Argentinian is believed to have doubts about the role.

Everton were due to announce the signing of Arnaut Danjuma on Tuesday before Tottenham hijacked the deal in the 11th hour.

And to make matters worse, two of the club’s key players, Amadou Onana and Anthony Gordon, reportedly failed to show up for training at Finch Farm on Tuesday.

With the club in a state of disarray and eyeing relegation from the Premier League, co-owner Moshiri now wants out.

This will be music to the ears of Everton fans, even if they will likely feel the damage has already been done.

Second The GuardianMoshiri is looking to take offers in the region of £500m.

The report said the British-Iranian billionaire is “open to minority or majority selling” with a “number of potential buyers expressing interest”.

After hoping for investment for the past few months, Moshiri has finally decided to put the Premier League lineup on the market.

Moshiri is keen to recoup the money he invested in the club’s new stadium which is currently under construction.

Everton spent a huge amount of money in the Moshiri era, with hardly any of the big money deals proving successful.

The new stadium on Bramley-Moore Dock is under construction at a cost of at least £550m and the 67-year-old has funded the construction costs as he sought the additional investment needed to complete the project.

The atmosphere at Everton is extremely toxic, to say the least.

Fans held banners, sang songs, stopped players from leaving the Goodison Park car park, stopped players in the street and much more, to vent their frustrations.

Ahead of the Toffees’ six-point relegation tie against Southampton earlier this month, the club’s board were told not to attend due to a “real and credible threat to their safety”.

It was later reported that Everton chief executive Denise Barrett-Baxendale was “put in a headlock” as she left the directors box at Goodison Park.

READ MORE: Frank Lampard needs to add more than ‘being Frank Lampard’ to his CV



editor

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.